Wednesday, July 27, 2011

me and my old school reading

just before my son, my hubby and I sleep, we do our little rituals - I read; they browse the internet via cellphones. I read the old school way - paper, from my Vogue to my book of the month/week. but... i always feel deprived every time they tell me to turn off the lights, because yes, we don't have a bed lamp. we never planned to put too many things in the bedroom since the kid was born. less things, less destruction, and yeah, less distraction, too.
and so, tonight, just as they were about to again deprive me of light, i told them to be fair for just another night. and so they were nice tonight. and i thought, despite the unusual care they gave me, "how much is that Kindle?". but i just cant. i cant. i can't replace my paper. i want the smell of it. the texture is just warm, it's almost my own lullaby.
so, tomorrow night. another battle for me, and my July Vogue. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment