Monday, June 28, 2010

fighting acne

unfortunately, the excitement i was having with getting back to my old facial routine fizzled out. after using the night cream that night, as well as the day cream the day after, my pimples worsened. in fact, the next day, new additions populate my face. i should have listened to the inner devil, to let all the pimples go away first before getting back with the old.
so now, i'm down to two options. both are natural ways to extinguish (yes, like how the three charmed Halliwell sisters fight the demons) pimples. both are topical solutions, as i couldn't find yet a supplier of the aloe vera gel that i'm supposed to drink while i'm dabbing them on my face. first one, which i'm having right now, is the paste composed of sandalwood oil, turmeric and lemon juice. the combination actually smells good, and when i put them on each pimple, they felt good. i felt a little sting, but somehow, later on it felt soothing. i got the sandalwood from papemelroti, a shop i frequent that's also near the office. i get my boho jewelry from them, notebooks made of recycled paper, my other essential oils. the turmeric was the mccormirk thing sitting in my spice rack for as long as i could remember. i used philippine lemon, though the website i got the recipe from advised for lime.
the paste was actually on my face for more than 30 min now, and honestly i don't wanna take them off as i feel like they're working. but since i don't wanna stain my pillows, i'll rinse them with my lukewarm water. in the next few days i will put them a little longer.
i'm giving this thing a week or two, and if it works (and gets rid of my acne), i'm gonna make a short documentation of how i my little treatment went. like, what my diet was, my sleeping pattern, my stress level, what types of products i eventually used (moisturizer, maybe makeup etc) and some other stuff that should be considered. 
otherwise, i'll go get a bottle of tea tree oil, which according to beauty gurus in youtube, doesn't really cure the acne. tea tree oil kills the bacteria on wherever you place it. 
well, still crossing fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment